Thursday 20 October 2011

Paltalk posting

First of all , I do not hate Pal talk. It is an on-line chat forum and I have met many people who also use it. In fact, I married one of them. For the most part people can be who they wish to be, and a few brave people are like me, always the same, warts and all. I have only had one nic, Toodleloo, and it is the only one i have needed for about ten years now. My Uncle Jerry gave me that nic, and i love it.
I was totally dismayed in a room claiming to be christian in nature, while every kind of blasphemy and nonsense is touted. I found myself literally typing count to ten as people started saying all manner of evils falsely against people they hardly know. I could feel some of them getting under my collar, and i was not best pleased. I respect the title of President,and I do not feel a need to lie about Obama because times are tough. It does not make me a proponent of abortion or gay marriage. It makes me respect the mans title. Now that bush has been cleft out of the white house I have no problem him going to jail for war crimes. He should share a cell with Cheney, Tony Blair and many tea party whelps like Sarah Palin. Tony finding religion does not forgive all he has done or abetted.
Now, although many assume they know, i am happy to tell you my position on these topics. First of all, I come from a place where God loves everyone he created.I also believe whilst there is breath you can repent. Even Hitler, Bush and Judas Iscariot. Sadly, two of them are no longer breathing so i hope in their last seconds they called out to God.
I do not feel it is a sin to be tempted to do anything. Even murder. It is a sin to do the sin. Now if you have murder in your heart that is an issue that must be dealt with, but he temptation is not the sin. Jesus was tempted in all ways as we were. That means lust, power, greed, pride all the big ones we struggle with.    Having said that, many times we have done these things in our past. I have recently been told that today many kids experiment with drugs and sex, and that includes both genders. Almost everyone i know did something they would rather their children didnt have to know about. I never had kids so I amused by this, but i don't want to know more about my Mom than i do now.
I do not think abortion is hte unforgivable sin. Here is my solution. My friend Lisa took a young pregnant girl into her home.Trust me, Lisa had enough chaos on her own in her home. If you believe something is wrong you can't just sit like a couch potato and saay "shame on you". Rather than counsel the girl to abort the baby, she took her in and made the way for her baby to be born. Now the mom has left and Lisa has another mouth to feed. See, sometimes doing the right thing has consequences. All Lisa says is, "I always wanted a girl". Lisa will love and raise this child knowing the other Mother can show up at any time and change her mind. At least there will be a child to be wanted by two families.
Now the fiery storm that is gay marriage. It is not a sin to be gay. You are not born that way in my opinion, but since i am not gay, I cannot say for sure. It just seems like human bodies were made to reciprocate each other in the making of both love and children. I am happy this is not up to me. I trust god to do the right thing.The fact that i fell in love with Jim and not a Jane or a Jill is just my good fortune. The fact that we could arrange our lives to be together is also good fortune. One hundred years ago, a mixed racial marriage would almost certainly ended up with death for all concerned, and these new honour killings are just as abhorrent to me as two same sex people getting married. Imagine if God killed us every time we rebelled? We certainly would have a lot less over-population. I am not being smug i am just not sure how to be fair and express my true feelings. I have always believed you should not die for who you love, whether that is a man, woman, someone of a different faith or creed or colour or nationality. I am glad I am old, i would not want to raise kids or be dating again in these times.
I almost said the world is going to hell in a hand basket, but that is too trite even for me.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment