Wednesday 19 October 2011

Jim is nigh unto a slow hacking death

About the most grand thing I can say about this cold/flu/terrorist bug that has hit our home is, I got rid of it. Yes I gave it to JIm. I don't mean just shared it as on Facebook, I mean the mighty man of oak has been chopped down in the prime of his life. He is so full of the bug that he has cut way down on his smoking as that requires him to go downstairs and outside. He was so cold yesterday he left his coat on for hours when he climbed back upstairs. He hurts equally, sitting, standing on flat on his back. He is actually taking pills, and the great man rarely takes anything not prescribed.
If there is one thing I know, Jim loves his kids and the people they love, but last night we had to discuss missing a family birthday party so we do not become typhoid Mary types and pass this around the people gathered. He would go despite the pain, but he just doesn't want anyone to feel as rotten as he does now. Now having decided that, he must accept this exciting James Bond theme party we have talked about for weeks is beyond us.
Jim is like my dad was, about work, and if he is not there how can  the show must go on, go on? Jim loves his job even on the hard days, and I am pretty sure he will be out till Monday unless a God he does not believe in intervenes with his miracle. I will keep you posted.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment