Tuesday 3 April 2012

Did no one read Fahrenheit 451?

It should be a federal offense to burn any book, words aren't dangerous, people are.


I am going to keep this simple for those who believe in the Constitution still. Despite our history of wars, civil war and 9/11. I believe the path to peace is more and more words, not limiting the first amendment. The old saw"I may hate what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it", is one of the most beautiful string of words put together in human history.


Go not burn Bibles, do not burn the Quaran, do not tear down opponent political posters, do not burn hatred into your children's minds. Ever. No matter what. I am embarrassed by some of my parents values, but in the midst of the ignorance and religious and other racism, I was allowed to become myself. Maybe I am just as warped in my views, but I was allowed to form them. 


It should be a federal offense to burn any book, words aren't dangerous, people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment