Tuesday 17 April 2012

what the heck is self-defense, actually, (legally)

I read other peoples blogs, especially my husband Jim's. He is not as frivolous as I am, and (unless its the rugby) he usually has to be angry to create it. I don't mean the anger of the crazy second Amendment Americans, I mean it is usually socially or morally unjust.


As I am getting back into my writing, I really only have to check my email or watch the news and I have a topic. I am trying to decide for myself if i want to broach two topics just now. One is the newly begun trial of the Norway madman who feels killing 77 children was self-defense, and the arrest of Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin death.


I want a few more facts. First of all,in the Zimmerman case the whole truth may never come out. It is hard to say what an individual might call self-defense. The point I have to overcome is the 911 call, where he was told to stand down the cops have it.


And secondly, in the Norway killing I am not as familiar with their laws. On the one hand the deaths look cold and calculating, but i don't know what counts as criminally insane there. I think one has to be a wee bit insane to be able to do what he did, but to claim self-defense as Zimmerman tried, again define self-defense to an individual. So I am gonna table these till I get a few more facts and less media insanity.  
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Here we go with the justice system, hope the wheels don't fall off.


Blessings, today for Trayvon, and the families in Norway trying to get justice for their own. Lord, we pray for clarity and wisdom to rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment