Sunday 8 April 2012

I Miss Easter

Although Jim has promised to go to church with me today, I still have this heaviness in my heart. It is Resurrection Day, and i watched the Passion of the Christ, so Easter is my favorite and holiest day of my year. It is my traditions I miss. Family, driving to St John's. waving to Aunt Sheila and Mark on the porch. Seeing Marguerite and various members of her family, and all my school friends that go to Catholic mass.

Then as an adult, following Fred to whatever church he was playing that Sunday, then a trip to the massive Onofaro gathering, usually at Louis and Glorias. At this gathering there were children of all ages, and I remember it was pure fun. I remember one year they had a trivial pursuit contest, and they said i had memorized the cards because none of them thought I was that clever. AND CONNOLIS and Easter pie.

Holidays without family is pretty worthless. No one to fight with and say which one Mom liked best, and who was spoiled, and very little talk of whatever holiday it actually was, but catching up on the lives of eighty-eight cousins. So Jim will go with me, and we have a nice steak for later. But i would be lying if I said this was a family day now, but at least i have my best friend.

Oops, and Jesus.
Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment