Saturday 14 April 2012

heavy hearted...

a line from the constitution i have always liked is
"We hold these truths to be self-evident"
That said to me that some truths are not only real but should be obvious to every thinking man or woman. Over a year ago, God called me away from a church where most of my friends attended. It was a kind of social club to me, and I was looking for a church of God, where his word was taught and I could grow as I felt myself getting stagnant. After awhile I could no longer even understand my Pastors accent. I was literally bored in church.


Then at the new church (which i joined) i went back after a brief bout with JIm and i sharing the flu. A visitor was preaching, and i was dead bored, as was JIm. Then something was mentioned that the church had agreed to let the elders handle. It had happened during my absence so i knew it was nothing i had done, so i dropped it. I am proud to say, it was resolved and no one ever came to me about it, although i am a member. I trust my pastor and elders and knew if I needed to know more, i would get a letter through the post, as I did when there were no nominations for a new elder post we need to fill. I was then absent again for phase two of the bug so i do not know how they determined to resolve it, but it is resolved. The reason I know it is resolved is that there is a new person at communion.
Last night my old church group was doing outreach in my building. One of the persons, a personal friend of mine,dropped by again as she had last week.Now I love her, but i feel i was a crutch so she didnt have to go to a strangers house and risk rejection. I hope i am wrong, but if i am not wrong, it means they think there is some possible way i might go there even to visit. What is the phrase? "cold day in hell?"yup.
On a chat room a fellow named Allurgator spent a lot of time trying to get me to see how bad it was that I had married an unbeliever. Now he is with a married woman and says it is ok because he is celibate. My Bible says avoid the very appearance of evil. I think that is so we don't cause another to stumble.anyway, there is so many things wrong in the local church and in Paltalk that i think I have just wasted my life talking to them about Jesus. I may have missed Gods will and led some down the path they are on now. My heart is broken. 
My church i joined also has issues and problems. The difference I see is that they confront them openly, and I don't get details I don't need. Win-win for us all. Now if Eric was just a more interesting guest preacher, my life would be complete.
I believe the truth is self-evident to those who are seeking the truth.
Blessings











No comments:

Post a Comment