Thursday 19 April 2012

The friendly Gull

Quite a while ago my cat adopted the window ledge in my kitchen to gaze out at the flying food we call gulls. They are dirty and messy little rodents to us, but we look too. One gull trained me to come to the window when he tapped with his bill. My rental agreement with Linstone took that away as well. It seems every year we pay more rent, and every year there is less and less fun in housing. We are not allowed to hang lovely things in our common area, we cannot feed the birds, there is no assigned handicapped parking though many in our building need the assistance, temporarily or long term.

But speaking of them or to them does no good so i will get back to topic. My gull friend Glynis still catches my eye and waits for the stale bread and popcorn from the glory days of old. She now notices the cat, although i am not sure what she perceives him to be. Perhaps in her birdy life she has encountered such meat eating meanies, I do not know.

Molly's concern is the bird is larger than her and perches too near Molly's Dreamies (a cat treat). Somehow they feel threatened by each other and the ancient bird versus cat drama commences. I take no pleasure in reporting Molly usually blinks first. Sometimes she gets brave if i am there, but not enough to even intimidate the bird. Now i should not be telling you this, because death and destruction may ensue if Linstone finds out. It seems a criminal bird element went after garbage that was left sitting outside. We were told what days and hours to leave it, but people being people...

It is also rumored that some cars may have gotten bird poo on them. Shock horror! One nailed my door handle so well you could not get in the car without wiping it. Well, so I mindlessly comply knowing I am not well enough to move again just now. I am sure the lower floors get even much lovelier singing birds, but when you live on the eighth floor you get the gull you get. Oh and every hour a plane landing in Glasgow airport. I am being kind here, they really don't take that long to land and then the next one appears. Whatever promises the airport made to local neighbors it lied. No one cares, we all need the planes, but they did.

Well we shall see how this pans out over time. I thought long ago the bird would tire of his visiting, but itis some company for poor Molly left alone most of Mon, Wed, and Friday. Thanks for visiting yourself, and have a good Thursday.

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment