Tuesday 31 July 2012

Happy 55th birthday love of my life.

Officially you went back to work yesterday, but the weekend caught up to me and I didn't try to blog. Today is bright and sunny, my chores for the morning are done, I am dressed and ready to kick out a blog.


The last 2 weeks we have not been home for hardly a minute. I did not nag about the house much, i just enjoyed having Mr Hunk around the house. We must have put at least 500 miles on the car this summer so far, beginning with the trip from my family up to and including Jims 2 week holiday. We have sailed off in the car in every direction, sometimes to specific places like Culzean Castle or Glencoe, and sometimes wherever the sat nav and car took us. We found some great little cafes like Doolally in Ayr, and we wrecked the budget a bit because Jim didn't know i was planning a surprise party. We will be ok, God always provides, but for the first time if we are out and I want something to eat I get it. My family made me shy to ask for food, even when hungry. I no longer suffer from food eating disorders. I eat when hungry and if ice cream is involved sometimes when not hungry too.
The only sad part of the weekend is i wish Andy could have come, but we are so proud of his referee training, and that will last longer than a party we redo every 5 years. It goes without saying Craig was mentioned too, but that cannot be helped.


So anyway, the reason i don;t lie is that I am not good at it, even a lie to make a party,then I forgot what i told to whom. Somehow because I made the party so much after his real birthday, he suspected nothing. First of all, the boys got Dad out of the way, the girls helped me with the balloons, and June Moore Kir did all the work with her wonderful bar team of David and Heather.
The next day was Malcolm Dodd's 60th party, and we all looked like we had slept over. I don't know what Malkie's family thought, but we looked pretty rough day 2. The highlight of that party was the all the kids, especially new baby Findlay. One born, two to go. Mr Powrie and Mr Conroy will complete our rugby 2020 team. Well done JInky to start us off.
A good time was had by all this weekend, and the bar takings weren't bad either. Again a debt owed to June,Heather and David. Thank you.
If you had arrived here in 2002 looking for friends, landing at the PRFC and meeting the Dodd's was sufficient. Thanks one and all, I am not mushy by nature, but i love you. You helped me make JIM feel special.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment