Tuesday 24 July 2012

Update to Murettes foot...

Well, I went to dialysis yesterday and Sister Jenn (the head nurse here is called a sister, American friends) said after her shift she went over to see Murette. It was late Friday and Murette had had her operation that day. She said Murette seemed to be in good spirits and doing well, so I thank you all for your prayers on her behalf. I have been really struggling with my faith, as so many asked me why God doesnt just heal my kidney, and why Tom and Murette both lost legs this month.
I believe God is a God of miracles and healing. I also believe God is not Santa Claus. He knows what is best and I must trust him, even though in my own person i see me declining in so many ways.
We are not puppets, but we do have to take a lot on by faith. If at the end of my life I am just dead, well I am still glad I strove to these standards. If the Bible was right though, all this pain and distress will have an eternal point. Some will laugh and say i am naive, and I accept that. I want to be naive like Jesus was, and to try to do as much good as I can whilst i can.
Even if this turns out to be a mental exercise and false, I am still glad my values are not those of my fellow Americans who claim to know and love God, but are armed to the teeth. Does the world feel safer knowing Israel has atomic weapons? SO much for being Gods people. The people in Hamas and Hezbollah are no more terrorists than the traditional leaders of Israel were and are. We lull ourselves into believing we can identify the bad guys, but no one wears black hats much anymore. The enemy is indeed ourselves.
So much for beating our swords into plowshares. Religion is making for a scary world. If more people tried to act like Jesus, instead of trying to turn people away from Islam, atheism, or apathy, I think Jesus would shine.I am convinced that no one that ever came to really know Jesus was disappointed. But that is the opinion of a housewife from NY. Can't get you coffee. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment