Sunday 4 December 2011

No one can fight like two Christians

This has been quite the week for me. Two people I really cared about decided to let me know the other was not really my friend. One was telling me the other is a well-established liar. I stayed friends with her. The other I had quit being friends with, and decided to befriend her again as well. Both insisted they could prove their side. Both said we were ok as friends now. Then one got upset when i took back the one i had eased out of my life.
There is a rumor about how 3 women can never be friends, and now i see how it works. Then one pulled in more friends to prove her point, and off we went again.
I just went away for a few days, praying to know what was the actual truth. When I returned to the chat forum, i received a message that they had made up. Success.
Yesterday my brilliant Pastor told me about the great darkness in the world. Addiction, chronic illness, fear and many other things people use to fill their God shaped hole in their heart. We (the Jesus people) are the light in the world. We shed light on the darkness and it must leave. Good in theory. Quite biblical in fact. Sadly, everyone I know, is like the week we just had. SO busy proving we have a corner on the truth, we can't even get along with each other. No wonder the world is not impressed with Jesus people. We are nothing like Jesus at all, except we want to end up in heaven with God.
Nothing wrong with going to heaven, but it is not an exclusive club, nor is it a popularity contest. There is no pre-selected list of attendance. If they are to hear, we must set down our pet religious toys and take up the cross. Literally, people are dying in the dark, and sadly some of them are the so-called chosen.
I will be back later, I need to hit my knees in shame.
Blessings.







No comments:

Post a Comment