Wednesday 7 December 2011

a good wife

Jim woke up when i was not in bed and came out for a drink of water, now an hour later he is telling me for a second time, come to bed. I can't sleep, and i won't until he gets home Friday. Today whilst renfrewshire is preparing to send all kids home by 1 pm(major winds coming), he is setting out for a trip to England for work. The winds are bad enough, but this car is not his, and he is unfamiliar with how it handles...and although he has driven forever, other people may panic.
This is what i will do--kiss him good-bye with no tears, not beg him to quit his job, not break out in hives, etc. What i want to do is wrap him in a duvet and tell him to quit his job until Monday. So , ok, i do overreact. I hope I am overreacting, I hope this all turns out to be another Michael Fish fox paws. I hope because I won't be able to do a thing to help him. I must just pray, trust him and wait.
That's what a good wife does.

No comments:

Post a Comment