Wednesday 7 December 2011

NHS nightmares-angels watching over me!!!!!!!!!

OK, so my dialysis is not a social club, I attend because if I do not attend i will get very sick. Poisons are eliminated that my dying kidneys no longer can control.
Now, the reason we can afford this is Jim has had a job for about a hundred years and paid liberal taxes. Part of that job requires him to travel out of the country, and frankly we are not independently wealthy yet, so he goes pretty much where sent.
That meant Friday morning he would be away and I had no one to help me into my shoes. Up to now if JIm was not there,  I had velcro slippers to where, and I could get myself to the hospital in them. These same slippers have no sole, and i trip enough when the route is dry.
So I ask the sister at hospital if there was an opening on Saturdays rota, when Jim would be home. Nope!
Then i got nonsense about buying a pair of boots, (lol ) like i can get american sizes in europe! then they said well could you come in Friday, but later? as if shoes are easier to put on later in the day. Nope. SO i went home and made up my mind I would suffer until Monday. I knew i would be sick, but i thought i would suck it up so to speak.
After moaning all the way home, don't i get a call from an angel of mercy and don't i have an appointment on Ward 7 east on Saturday. She went to the docs and got them to make a space for me. Thank you God. I bet this all sounds petty to you, but I do not go to dialysis cause it is fun, i go because I need to.OK so now i can relax until Saturday and all is well.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment